*to Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Κυνόσαργες

Monday 27 May 2013

Macchiato doppio


710y?!  Was 450y the last time.  No, don't charge me for two separate drinks.  Yes, you verified you pour them into one cup, with Japanese and gestures.  No, you don't understand your own shop doesn't charge double, even in no-value-for-bulk-Japan.  Yes, that's my Gaijin head shaking at you in contempt as I pick my money back up and turn my back on your shop, as there is no way further communication with you in any language can be made up for by a coffee.  Yes, any shred of motivation for communicating beyond my intermediate Japanese dies another death.

Granted you can't buy motivation at retail wages, you can't even get common sense unless you hire foreign students or immigrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment