I did have the time to tinker and change from the original 2006 Lemond Croix de Fer Triple:
- saddle and seatpost
- fork and medium-reach front brake
- crank and bottom bracket (Sugino OX801d), front derailleur and pedals
- bar tape and light centre-mount
- bottles and cages
- fenders (not all shown)
- cassette to 12-27
- shift cables and housing
What I might yet change, but really needn't:
- a proper frame pump as the bike has a pump-peg
- wheels, except these have given me no trouble
- rear derailleur doesn't need a long cage, but then again it works
- brake cables when I redo the bar tape
You may see function trumps form, though I try to avoid ugly. If anything catches your curiosity I will detail it, otherwise I'll let the pictures speak.
Yes, my photography is shit. I already have a wife who can tell me that. Don't tell me the seatpost clamp is backwards: it is to allow a Revelate Designs seat bag. Don't tell me the bottles are 'wrong': I don't drink plastic. No, I am not going to put the handlebars lower. Etc.
Previous posts about this bike:
- 'Road Bike: Randonneuring Bike'
- 'Club-Racer to Randonneur/Credit-Card-Touring Hack'
- 'Faux-Randonnuer: final set-up?'
- 'You pay either way'
- 'Final road bike gearing?