*to Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Κυνόσαργες

Saturday 19 January 2013

Things change...

If it wasn't the several weeks lost to chest colds, she is the end of my marathon plans.  Well, I was not that excited about running 42km on the flats of the Arakawa, after not getting a place at the Tokyo Marathon.  Next year!

The J-wife thinks she's a clone of her newborn brother, but I see differences: she's born with darker pupils and narrower eyes.  Both of these things I won't tell the Japanese relations, though I see no problem the locals only want to hear big eyes and fair.  Oh, and she looks way different when you change her diaper, but at least she can't spray you.

Man, I am glad my first was a boy!  Changing a tiny human is stressful enough, but changing a tiny female as my first would have done me in.  What do you wipe?  What do you leave alone?  Too embarrassed to ask, so I only took cake of the meconium (can't talk about infants without descending to poo-talk).  I'll watch my wife sometime, she ought to know.  And babies are not to scale.  I didn't think about it with the boy, or maybe I was just proud for him, but you know how a baby's head is too large for their body?  Well...

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on both the baby and the place in the Tokyo marathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The marathon application is not until August, for next Feb.

      Delete
  2. Too fucking right they change. Twice as many kids = twice as much work? I wish it were only twice as much...

    Congratulations man, and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Yeah, skip the marathon, you'll need all the rest you can get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is very pretty. I am not a fan of newborns but yours isn't smooshy and red looking. Congrats to you and wife on your latest addition to the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. C-section babies look a whole lot less beaten up, because they are less beaten up.

      Delete